Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Chit-chat forum

Post subject: Re: Val's Cafe
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 16:08 

Afternoon to all, a little cooler and today and a few showers, always after the window cleaner has been :roll: :roll:

You are very welcome Toni, it looked a tasty treat for our breakfast.

The GC was quite busy, as expected. The girl who was manning the drinks area, must have upped her game, as my extra strong americano was just lovely, so was the second. Wired, well, if I have three, all with extra shots, I am at the palpitations stage and leaking like a sieve :shock: so I try and stick to 2. Full caffeine of course. Scone was lovely, with jam and cream, of course.

I hope Pauls Mum is ok, I did mention gallstones yesterday too. Difficult at that age and already on dialysis, they could try a lithotripter and try and break them up. Depends where they are lying, but they will know more after an ultrasound etc. Magical woven squares, are already there.
It is a long time since I went to Coventry, I loved going to the Cathedrals.

Psychic, yes, but I don't like to say a lot really. Many predictions that I have seen in advance, have happened within a few days. I just keep quiet now.

Glad the Possums did their little magic massage on the ankles and you slept better.

I will keep an eye out for the vitamin cupboard being stocked up, if the Vets are on a health kick. Don't tell them I have scones with cream........ :? :? :roll:

Pepe was underground yesterday, trying his paws on the loom. He is getting there, albeit rather slowly. He is a bit impatient when it comes to the spinning of the mists, one has to be very careful.

They met up this morning while we were out and had a fly round, no mist gathering today, just broom exercises and high speed flying :shock: :shock: blew away the cobwebs.

Hi Joan, the week end has not been too bad and I hope you have enjoyed good weather.
Time and tide, wait for no man and the weeks go by with a lot more pace, the older we get, I am convinced of it :roll: Carol and I are always in the shed, rooting out spare hours.

I can send you the Hemp drink, it is still in the fridge here. I should really look at the date on it, before it blows up :shock: Not being able to get away from pain, is a real trial. Leaving extra hugs and sparkles t4591 t115006 and some magical squares will appear from nowhere.

My hair is on number 2 as well, I cannot bear it getting much past number three, drives me mad.

Don't worry, you can call me Aida, I don't mind at all :lol: :lol: I have been called a lot worse.

The eclairs look delicious, I am sure I can manage one - two, no, two, just to make sure they are nice. :D

Hope that any ouchies are minimal. That goes for all our friends here, Kerrin, Christine, Elizabeth,Carol, DD, Mig, Toady, Barbara and all.

I will potter a little, then it will be siesta time. Should we have a pie as well Kath, just in case Toni needs to face plant. :lol:

Love and Sparkles to all t4591 t115006 XX Aidan

Peanut butter cream pie

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 16:46 

Afternoon all..nearly evening.. :shock:
very dark but mild here ..
Toni I love Silver and the magic he brings..such lovely calming pics..thankyou..I do hope that Pauls mum is not in to much pain , my late mum had her gallbladder out..these days they blast the stones..and you win the bast kept village I am sure it deserves it..yeah think Niamh would have given you a glare if you face spatted her cake..she took half home with her not sure wer the other half went.. :? :lol: DIL is in quite a bit of pain but they said give it 6 weeks..
Kerrin I am sorry you have a rotten headache with the sulpha..I hope you can get a few days off next week..nothing worse than working like that..xx
Carol.Happy belated Birthday to your daughter..its scary were the time goes..I dont have great GC yet..but our eldest GD is 21 this year..thank for coming under the cloak I will let you know ..but think it the eyes first..
Joan so you bought the sunshine yesterday thankyou..hope you and Sue enjoyed it..think its back next week m0150
Kath has had an haircut,,but poor OH is suffering I hope the hemp helps him..and you got some rest after feeling sickly tired..not nice
Aiden has been to the GC..hope you got a seat..you haven't failed yet :lol:just had a read back and you did get a seat.. :lol: and the T rooms yesterday.. :D has Bs tooth settled or lack of it..I dont like the few days after having a tooth out..think I had better go and look at out sanctuary..and have a few cuddles.. :)
Now what have we got to eat..eclairs off Kath..peanut pie and blueberry toast from yesterday..plenty to keep me going.. :D
Love to everyone t4591 t115006 t4591

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 00:16 

Hi to all, after quite a rainy evening. It was pouring down when we had our siesta's. April showers I guess scold

Hi Barbara It was quite sunny this morning, at the GC, all the tables were out, ready for the customers to sit out. Not for me, indoors, I don't share my delicacies with bugs and flies :shock: Dad was off like a shot, to make sure we had one of our fav tables :lol: :lol:

So Niamh's cake, well, half of it, went missing? How odd, you must have the borrowers in :lol: :lol:

Extra hugs and sparkles for your DIL, I know how much pain my mum was in, when she fractured her shoulder. (she was in Skipton, tripped and fell into the road - Angels were watching that day, how she was not hit by traffic..........) t115006 t115006

B's extraction was fine, we are off to Skipton twice today, early doors, to the dental lab, for two to be added to the plate, have to leave it, then go back again at t time to collect / fit.

All our lovelies are on extra vitamins and minerals, to boost them, for the spring and summer. Enjoy the cuddles, I am sure Blush and his mate, will come out of the bamboo to see you. Don't look in the sp-der house though :shock: :shock:

I think there was plenty of eats, cakes, eclairs, pies, french toast, the whole works.

Keep us updated as to appointments, so that we can gather and come with you, every step of the way.

I hope Paul's Mum is feeling not too bad Toni. Gallstones can be ouchy without a doubt. I expect you have had a busy day, visiting and doing everything else as well. Best be sending some magical squares.
Sleek was on the crystal ball, to her beloved. Pepe was showing her some lovely woven tartan, whether he is going to lay claim that he has made it on his new loom, I am not sure :roll: :roll: I have a notion that she has seen the tangle of yarn, that is all over the bedroom :lol: :lol:

Kerrin, I hope your headaches are easing, extra hugs and sparkles t4591 t115006

Hi to Carol, Christine, Mig, DD, Toady, Elizabeth, Charrisse and all.

I will have a potter about, time for more Tramadol :roll: life often seems to be one long medication round :?

Must check that the tennis is set to record. Love the tournament from Monte Carlo, the start of the clay court season.

The PC has restarted and managed to keep my post, so, before it has another glitch, I will post asap.

Everyone take lots of care. Love and Sparkles t4591 t115006

Apricot danish pastries

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 07:11 

Morning everyone.

I would love to say yesterday was a better day but it wasn’t. Brought out the big guns in the painkiller world and still had a headache. Have decided this week to go back to one tablet a day instead of increasing to 2. I have no idea how my body will handle 4!!!!

Back to school today and it’s a very busy week. Tennis, swimming and gymnastics. Phew, no time for headaches.

Nice to see some good weather although hubby is already moaning about the incoming heat. As a South African I just cannot call 25C hot. I’m sure the kids will be moaning too.

Off to help myself to some cakes. Have a good day everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:24 

Hello Kathleen Aidan Barbara Kerrin. and anyone else I missed
Kathleen I'm sorry your husband has so much pain(((((())))))
Aidan I hope the new teeth are not too uncomfortable.
Barbara we have sun today I hope it reaches everyone.
Kerrin. I'm sorry you have so much pain will it calm down when you have got used to it.
Hello Toni I hope Paul's Mum is not in too much pain.((((()))))
take care all
Joan xx

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 13:29 

Aidan, those Apricot Danish pastries look too yum for words. I've noticed we've all gone a bit nutty recently. My offering today is Nutty Crunch Cake. Perhaps best not to face plant this one, it's got sharp edges. :?

I've been awake since 2:30am. :shock: so feeling really tired today. But I've booked patient transport for my appointment with Rheumy next Monday. Time - 8:30am :o .

Eeek, I just peeked in the spider house. :lol: That woke me up.

m0150 t69044 t69044 m0150 t69044 t69044 m0150 t69044 t69044

Attachments:
nutty cruch cake.jpg
nutty cruch cake.jpg [ 12.29 KiB | Viewed 113 times ]

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 14:02 

Afternoon all..quite cold here..but the sun has just shown its face..
Some good news my pip letter has arrived I was shaking opening it..enhanced payments in both.. :shock: :shock: I am in shock..gosh I do feel like an invalid.. :roll: its a no win really ...but I am so relived... :)
Kerrin sending you some gentle hugs to help you out in school..I do hope the lower does helps you...(())
Kath the cake looks so good..but I must get some weight off these joints..see I am forgetting they are calorie free.. :D glad the transport is booked and good luck...
Joan we have a little bit of sun..but quite chilly..you and Sue enjoy it..
Aiden I wont venture into the spider house.. :o your poor mum..but like you say someone was watching overt her ..when I dislocated mine I slipped on leaves..and a bus pulled up beside me.. :oops: all sat there looking at me and I couldnt get up..the bus driver rang for an ambulance and went on his way because he was late :lol: so you have 2 visits to Skipton will you say or go back..any excuse for coffee.. :) must say lately its making me feel sick.. :roll: :? not fair is it...thankyou will update you on appointments..2 for my eyes they said have one at the min..I will have a danish slice with a cuppa..thankyou..
Love to everyone... t4591 t69044 t4591

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 14:58 

Afternoon, yes, me, here, before 3pm :shock: :shock:

It was early doors, to head off to Skipton to the dental lab, pop into Tesco and back home before 11. I did the mini shop, while B waited in the car, I can soon whizz round in their buggies. It's great being able to go fast :D :D

Than Dad popped round and insisted on paying most of the dental lab for B, which was very kind. It wasn't as much as we had thought, but a surprise when Dad said I insist. Bless im.

I plied him with coffee, we had a natter and he went on his way round home, all 50 yards :)

Lunch had to be soup, due to dental plate works and nice soft white cheesy bread.

Hi Kerrin, sorry to hear that you have still got this rotten headache. I don't blame you for cutting back on the sulfa for a while. Maybe they are not going to suit, sometimes they don't.

You have a busy week, with swimming, gymnastics and tennis too. Do you all play on hard courts, or clay?

I don't think our forecast is for 25 degrees, but I can sympathise with him, I don't do hot weather very well, nor does Barbara. You will be used to much higher temps than that.

Enjoy the cakes, I will go and find the possums, they will be with you shortly.

Hi Joan Hope you are enjoying the fine weather, I know you both like it when it is warmer. m0150

B will be fine when he gets the bottom plate back, later today, with the new teeth added on. We have to go back at 4.30.

Hi Kath, we have gone a bit nutty lately :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: well, might as well eh. I am glad to see you have carried on the trend with the Nutty Crunch Cake, which looks fabulous. I will pop a note on, danger, do not face plant :lol: :lol:

So you were up from 2.30, that was when went to bed :shock: then up again at 0800. You will certainly need a good nap this afternoon, to catch up, I am sure you are tired.

Patient Transport booked for Monday, 0830, we will be there, sleepy, but we will come along to assist.
City Hospital campus I believe, my fav place of work, back in the day.

See, you looked in the spid-- house, I did warn everyone, they have grown A LOT. Their keeper lets them wander up and down his arms :shock: :shock: that would just about give me apoplexy.

Hi Barbara It was cold this morning, so I had the heating up when we came back, it was a chilly breeze in Skipton. Then with the tumble dryer on, hot soup and heating, I was melting :roll: :roll: :lol:
I am SO SO SO SO SO happy to hear your good news from the DWP. I cannot open their letters either, B has to do it. You are rightly entitled to them both, I am made up for you. All the worry they put us through. You assessor was not even very pleasant, but that's by the bypass now. Relax about it now. I cannot stop smiling.

So you were in the road as well, just like Mum was. Oh dear. I am glad he called an ambulance for you, before driving off :shock:

It was coffee's at home, when we got back from the first trip out. B would not go in without his bottom plate in, even though you could not tell at all.

Another hour and we will be off again. By the time we get back it will be cup of T and time for naps.

No, we cannot have coffee making you feel queasy......it isn't fair, maybe a little one, then a glass of water, in between. In France they always offer iced water, if you have an espresso, well, they did were we lived.

I hope Toni's MIL is doing ok, sending out extra magical squares. Sleek and Pepe have been out twice already, no sooner are we gone, than they are off on their broomsticks. No mists about today, so I think they will head off to Lytham, for some sea mist. It only takes them 10 mins on their brooms.

Hi to everyone else, Carol, Christine, DD, Toady, Mig, Charrisse and all.

I had better go fuss a while, sort some more drying. Love and Sparkles to all, will catch up again later. XXXX Aidan t4591 t115006

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 17:07 

Afternoon everyone :)

I am late on again had to take poor Sleek to the vet this morning. She had sickness and the runs (like korma sauce) on Saturday and seemed a bit better yesterday. This morning she was far too listless for my liking and I know my cat. :?

She made a half-hearted attempt to stop me putting her in her cat-box (one leg out of 4 :shock: ) and no yowling at all en route :(

Turned out to have a high temperature and the vets reckoned her tummy was still sore and soft (more runs t come :shock: )

She had the works Abs/vitB and metacam jab bless her.

Aidan please she doesn't want Pepe to know about the two-bob-bits she is embarrassed :oops: although she made it to her litter every time bless her.

She has finally gone out just now so the meds have kicked in I think. Good job the trip to Lytham is only 10 minutes so Pepe hasn't sussed her problem yet. :oops: :oops:

Now Sleek did see the mess behind Pepe when they were on the crystal ball, but she was kind enough to pretend she believed he had made the lovely piece of tartan cloth. Bless them :)

Poor B soup and soft bread . Send him some ((())) from us here and how sweet is his Dad insisting on helping with the , no doubt, monster bill :)

MIL is doing ok thank you I saw her yesterday she is feeling much better less pain due to not much food had CT now having ultrasound then decisions to be made about treatment options.

Thank you for the pastries I only had two and I love the unicorn :)

BUT you surpassed yourself with that peanut butter cream pie!! On my goodness!!! Wonderful.......SPLAT!!!!!

Barbara I am over the moon to hear your PIP news!!

The right decision for once :)

Not good to hear coffee is making you feel queasy that isn't good at all. Is tea still ok? Or are you pregnant? :lol: :wink:

I suspect your husband ate the rest of Niamhs cake :roll: Tut tut!

MIL is doing ok I hope they can blast the stones for her we are all worried about surgery you know a GA with the dialysis :?

Kath that is one early appointment glad you have booked your transport I hope I doesn't come at 6.30am :shock:

That cake does look very tasty. Just a small (ish) slice for me luckily not a face plant cake :wink:

Hi Joan thank you Paul's Mum is coping ok they are all looking after her well in the hospital. We sorted her telly for her so she is happy now :)

Oh Kerrin you poor thing!! I agree maybe you will need to increase very slowly....are they the sort of tablets which can be halved?? The pharmacist will tell you.

You enjoy the warmer weather and just close your ears to husband's muttering :roll:

Right onwards and upwards. Vitamins everywhere I think supervet must have spoken to Daisy's vet she had vit B for her poorly tummy :?

Love to everyone

Toni xxx

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 17:09 

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 20:03 

Hi all thought I would pop in and say hello.

Well we had sun about 7.am today but i am afraid later in the morning and for rest of day it was cloudy although it was not cold. Took a trip down to see the lovelies they all seem very happy. a few possums and a few bush babies seemed to be missing they are obviously visiting the peeples with ouches. and the spid--- are huge i am wondering what they are being fed. Tomorrow is haircut time for me, it is only my glasses that are keeping it out of my eyes. so it is a visit to the hairdressers tomorrow.

Aidan Thank you for daughters birthday wishes. I do feel old when the birthdays come round I can't help it. cannot believe youngest GGD was 16 months 4 days ago where did that 16 months go its scary how quickly the time goes. hope B is ok now his plate is back. I promise to take a photo of the cardigan and post it on here. i don't forget my tablets very often I must admit. i know what you mean about have a feeling of relief when a person has been so poorly when they are not suffering anymore.

Toni I will post a catalogue tomorrow it is ready on my coffee table ready to post. hopefully you get your cards soon. yes it is good habits that keeps the weight off after tomorrows weigh in i have one more week and if still in target it will be 4 years at target I will also be a triple diamond member. so its fingers crossed for the next 2 weigh in's. The wool was a variegated one it has pink, blue , yellow and green in it, It is really nice. my granddaughter is not one for pale pastel colours for babies so i knit in brighter colour for them.

Joan with me the first cup of tea is always the best. I must have tea first thing in the morning and last drink in the evening. otherwise hot drinks during the day are black coffee.

Barbara Thank you for Daughters birthday wishes, and scary indeed. my little Graycie was 16 months old 4 days ago i cannot believe how quickly she has grown. yes your eyes are important. Glad your pip has been sorted out I bet that is a relief .

Well I must away to have a little potter for a bit.
love and Sparkles to you all t4591 t4591 t115006 t115006

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 00:21 

Hi to all, not sure if I am hot or cool this evening........... :? :roll: been a pleasant day though.

Nooo, poor Miss Sleek, Pepe said that the trips where very short and she had to get back to visit someone with Mummy. He doesn't know it was the Ve-- :? if he finds out he will be over with his Drs bag within minutes.

Not nice, when they are poorly sick and trotting along. We know it well, with is nibs.
Of course, we all know our puskins so well, when they are off colour they do go listless and not bothered.

Hence no real protest at the trip to see the Vet.

High temp too, gastroenteritis per chance. Should do well on the AB's and Metacam. Of course she is embarrassed bless her, we know nothing and Pepe knowns nothing.

A little card, from us and from Lady Tosca, to Miss Sleek

I hope she is feeling better today, t4591 t115006

B is fine now, new additions to plate, all fine, no more soup :)

It was not overly expensive to have two added. Kind of Dad to pay for most of it. Bless.

Glad to hear that MIL is doing ok, often with a limited diet, the gallbladder does not grumble half as much. Let's hope they come up with a plan asap. t115006

So, you liked the peanut butter pie, I thought you might :lol: :lol: it was a certain face plant pie without a doubt.

Is Barbara expecting :shock: :shock: has coal gone missing from the fire, or gherkins from the kitchen :? :? :lol: :lol: Should we all start knitting.

I will have to ask..........

Love the Unicorn's and all the sparkles, we can never have enough of them t115006 t115006

Hi Carol, yes, the possums and bush babies are all out and about on their home visits, delivering magic squares far and wide, we are all in need of them, including our beloved feline members of the forum.

It has been warmer as the day has gone on, now I am a bit chilly, so I may tap some buttons on the thermostat.

Hair cut for you today, you will be very smart :)

16 months since your GGD was born, no way, where did that time go, it seems like yesterday when we were all on pins, waiting for the delivery date.

B is ok now, thank you. All sorted for now.

I am sure you will make the 4 years on target, a triple diamond member and rightly so.

I must away, my knees are screeching. One trip to Skipton is ok, with pottering etc, before coming back, but a second one, just a round trip, played havoc with my knees and my back. It took me a while just to get up the ramp when we got home :roll: :?

Off round to Dads this morning, then into town, to the T room for a bite to eat and maybe a scone.

Love to all, Kerrin, Christine, Mig, DD, Toady, Elizabeth and everyone in out and about.

XXX Aidan t4591 t115006

Cheesy Egg toasties

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:15 

Morning.

Had a better headache day yesterday and took one tablet last night. Mild headache this morning, hope it stays there as another busy day. Co-ordinating our federation of schools swimming trials today for the team in the gala in 2 weeks.

We only play mini tennis on our playground which is the size of 3 hard tennis courts. Very unusual for an inner London state school. We are hosting both tournaments, the one I organise the other run by the borough.

Poor Sleek, hope the puskins is feeling better soon. Tomcat is grumpy because he is on food rations. He likes eating way too much.

I can’t believe little Graycie is 16 months already. How time flies. Don’t like this getting old business.

Barbara good news from DWP.

Time to go and get busy. No rest for the weary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:36 

Hello Kathleen Aidan Barbara Carol Toni Kerrin.
Kathleen I'm sorry you woke up early I hope you have a better night to night.
Aidan I send hugs to all of you you sound as if you need them(((((((((())))))))))
Barbara I'm pleased your Pip has come good.
Carol yes the time goes quick enjoy the hairdressers it's a nice feeling when you come out.
Toni I'm sorry miss sleek is unwell I bet it did not smell like Korma sauce.
Kerrin. That's good your headache has calmed down old luck with the games.
take care all
Joan xx

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:56 

Morning all..just started raining..
Kerrin I am happy to hear that your headache eased up yesterday..horrible things made even worse when you have to work..I hope they stay away today...and good luck with the tennis..how good to have full sized court at the school..and thankyou :)
Joan thankyou yes I am so pleased ..I like having my hair cut but not going to the hairdressers..our mobile one does it.. :)
Carol thankyou..you have done so well with SW ..its the keeping it off that is the hardest..a triple diamond member sounds so good..and an haircut..all ready for the warm weather..or hot even in London.. :o
Toni I hope miss sleek feel much better today..bless like you say you know when they are not well apart form the runs..and glad to hear MIL is ok ..but poor thing must be hungry..I do hope they blast the stones..and all will be ok for her...thankyou I am gobsmacked :shock: someone said to me the assessor not being very nice was a good sign :) :? pregnant..not that will explain the weight gain :lol: do you think I should inform OH... :shock:
Aiden thankyou..I am so relieved..and will treat myself to a bath lift :) I have it for 3 years it says, maybe they know of a cure.. :? so glad B got his plate sorted..I know how he feels people say to me we cant see it..but I feel that I have to wear it.. :roll: I should be happy they have such things..and how nice of dad to pay..it will make him feel better :) yes coffee make me sickly..not good is it.. :shock: I have to have a ginger biscuit in the morning ..before my coffee..then a tea.. :roll: cheesy egg toast sounds good to me.. :D thankyou..pregnant..the immaculate conception maybe :?
I had better move or will set..love to everyone and thankyou again t4591 t69044 t4591

Board index » Public forums » Chit-chat forum