Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Chit-chat forum

Post subject: Re: Val's Cafe
 Post Posted: 15 May 2018 22:30 

Evening all

No No I haven't gone Awol I am so mad tonight i spent ages typing a long post and just as i got to the end i went to post and the internet went down :x :x and yes you guessed right I lost the post I am so cross that I really am in no mood to retype it . as it is now almost time for bed. so i will post again tomorrow. however I thought i would still post these two photos our little Graycie the little monkey
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sglg4x1fsyz1 ... r.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn2p00r30oud0 ... 2.jpg?dl=0

love and sparkles to you all t4591 t115006 t4591 t115006

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 00:04 

Hi to all, I cannot believe it, I am here, before midnight. :shock: I must have gained an hour.

See, I just had an inkling that there were ouchies afoot. Best be sending some sparkles - Silver is sending some over, with the wonderful Owl.

All that immaculising in the village and helping Pom and doing this, that and the other, all at once. Sleek has been telling us :roll: steady away now. Just the one butterfly cake? Hugs for the ouchies to ease ((())) t4591

Ah, so that is why there was shrieking, over the phone earlier, Pepe has invited Miss Slimkins over, she is bringing a feast I see. Pusscorn and sardines :mrgreen: Tosca will be loving them. I imagine they will want to see it on the big tv, not the bedroom one. Every detail will be examined I am sure.

It will take shrieking to a whole new level :shock: :lol: :lol: I guess the box of Tiara's will be coming with her.

It was foggy, summer mists, usually mean it is going to be a hot day. The Nymphs have enough for a couple of weeks weaving now.

Pepe did a special glide in the bedroom, to fluff up his fur to the max, he wanted Sleek to see

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b2xuWwnRbXUeEHJ33

Sis is due to move by the end of Summer. I am over the moon and back. :D :D t4591 Maybe Mrs Darcey would like to come to watch the Royal wedding. Sleek and Pepe would love that.

Apparently the Hippo's have gone into labour.................... :shock: Vets are on duty and on hippo watch.

Oh dear, it is SO annoying when the internet goes off and your posts go into the ether. Even Silver cannot find it :shock:

I am barely able to speak, when I loose a post that I have spent a long time writing, in between potterings.

Love the pictures of little Graycie, escaping from her chair and looks to be into everything I would guess.

Extra t115006 t115006 for a restful night and a settled internet today.

Had my hair cut today, which feels much better, no longer like wearing a felt hat.

Off into town this morning, to the T room, they even have doilies on the plates, I like doilies :) I will try not to choke, spill, or otherwise disgrace myself with my coffee and scones :roll: :roll:

Hi to everyone in out and about, Christine, Kerrin, Mig, DD, Toady, Elizabeth, Charrisse and all

Everyone take lots of care. Love and Sparkles. t4591 t115006 X Aidan

Help yourselves to breakfast

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 08:32 

Hello Barbara Kathleen Carol Toni Aidan.
Barbara have you got your app for your results mines the end June.
Kathleen i'm pleased you are feeling better.
Carol lovely photo's of Graycie she looks like you.
Toni that's nice your sister moving to England I hope the time soon goes.
Aidan enjoy your time at the café how is your Dad.
take care all
Joan xx

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 10:10 

Morning all..up early today its my Birthday..I will never grow up :lol: 68.. :shock:
Aiden I love the pic of Pepe he really is doing his best to impress Miss Sleek.. :) it seems to be working..I see that both collected mist form over Pendle Hill.. :) glad you enjoyed your tea and there were no miss apps..how nice of B to take the neighbours doggy out..they would be mortified if they knew it had been sick on your floor..but all was well in the end..our son has been put on oral ABs for a week, would you believe the cannular came out has she was trying to do the last one, so the nurse put a smaller one in just to finish, then had to take it out again..my neighbour is doing fine ..it was another neighbour I went to see..he is quite poorly ..and it happened so suddenly..a very fit 86 year old gardening and diy then he get a chest infection.. :roll: thankyou for the buffet breakfast I will help myself before anyone else sees it.. :D
Carol your GGD is a little monkey..that little look on her face says it all.. :lol: I could eat her has my late mum would say.. :D sorry you lost your post ..it is so annoying..
Kath it was scary ..I never swum again after that..would love to have learned ..I agree about the smilies..the little man throwing the snowballs send shivers down my spine :lol: I hope those meds are helping..x
Toni you need to slow down a little just for a few days..and give your bones time to recover..how lovely that your sister will soon be nearer you..something to look forward to.. :D
Joan I haven't had to other scan yet ..they have one of my head,,so have to wait for another appointment..I think they are confused by my brain..or lack of it :lol:
Better go OH is taking me and our Niece to the GC and treating us..my neighbour came in last night with flowers and chocolates.. :D love to everyone xx t4591 t4591 t4591

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 14:41 

Aidan, thanks for the breakfast. :D And Pepe's fur looks so luxurious.

Carol, Gracie looks so sweet, but mischievous. t4591

Not sure whether my meal is for us, or the puss cats. Maybe we could share it. Stuffed Sardines with fresh herbs. :lol:

Had my blood test today, a different DN as Martin (my usual one) is poorly.

Attachments:
Stuffed Sardines with fresh herbs.jpg
Stuffed Sardines with fresh herbs.jpg [ 18.01 KiB | Viewed 90 times ]

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 16:38 

A quick hi to one and all. The hours have vanished into the shed again.

Now, I wish we had known earlier, we would have sent a card.........hope you have a lovely day Barbara, age is only a number and I feel 120 :lol: :lol: :roll:

Have a lovely time at the GC with Mr B and your Niece. t4591

I have had a potter round the garden today, while B was clearing out under the steps / decking. A big toad lives under there :shock: :shock:

I watered and fed some plants and flowers, especially the wisteria. There MIGHT, be a flower or two, on the baby one.....................with a frost forecast for tonight :shock: :shock:

Pepe was showing off and had made himself extra fluffylicious :lol: :lol:

Kind of you to pop in to see the neighbour who is not well. Glad that your Son is on oral AB's now, pity about the cannula coming out and then a new one in, then out, like the hokey cokey........ :lol: :roll:

Toni does need to slow down, I knew there were some ouchies, in the back region particularly. I am out in sympathy, just from half a hour in the garden. Grrrrr, I used to love being in the garden, busy away.
Sleek tells us all the things that have been going on with the peeples, well, she tells Pepe and I listen in :lol: :lol:

Hi Kath, Pepe's fur is more than luxurious, just keeping it free of knots is a daily task.

I hope you are feeling a good deal better. A new D Nurse, oh dear, the other one is poorly. Hope the blood tests are ok.

Thank you for the fish, they look lovely and Tosca will be sniffing round, to see what it left.

Hi to everyone else, I will catch up again later on. He says, rolling his eyes :roll: famous last words.

Right, we need a Birthday cake..............let me go see.

Love and Sparkles to all. t4591 t115006 XX Aidan

A nice, gooey, yummy, chocolate cake

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 16:56 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our lovely Barbara :)

I hope you are having a great day!

Glad son is having oral ABs for now all good better safe than sorry I reckon.

Ok I will slow down.....I hope!!

Carol Graycie is adorable really sweet looking - how many toys?!!

Aidan the breakfast was lovely much needed we have been out again in the village planting more flowers!! I have had enough now luckily it's just the hospice ladies lunch tomorrow (pinkies definitely out!!) so more restful.

Sleek is a tittle tattle!! The Wheaties were out last night as were the anti-inflams to add to the patches. Not to worry all will be well.

I think they have invited Mrs D to yours to share YOUR TV and the goodies on Saturday(the sardines were for Tosca you are right) they can't wait! You might need earplugs :?

Miss Slimkins has printed off Pepe's latest photo (he does rosebud lips too!) and put in in her ickle house :D

I heard a commotion down by the hippo pit!! the babies are coming :D :D

I have some cider for Barbara, put up the bunting and will wait patiently for some cake......

Your hair looks very smart just right for the posh tea-room :)

Kath stuffed sardines...how on earth?!! I hope the stand-in DN was up t standard?

Joan My sister is coming soon I also hope the time flies by :) End of June for your scan results? Good we can come with you if you remind us nearer to the date :)

Love to everyone

Toni xxx

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 21:01 

I had a lovely day thankyou..
Aiden that is very kind I love the card and the cake, better get cutting it before Toni does a face splat :lol: so you have pottered in the garden ,I do hope your wisteria survives the frost..hopefully just a bit of frost.. :roll: we saw quite a few wisteria at the GC and they are starting to bud :) yes cannular done with now...all the time the nurse was doing it I was thinking of you...such a difference in the nurses some cleaned the tray with all the stuff on others didnt.. :roll:
Toni hopefully that is the last of the planting for now..and rest with the ladies from the hospice..tea and cake :) and thankyou I did have a good day but to much chocolate :lol: I think I will try a little cider
Kath sardines ..not had them for ages.. :) I hope the bloods are ok
Better move love to everyone... t4591 t4591

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 22:11 

Evening every one

After losing my post yesterday I will try again glad I made you smile with my pictures of Graycie she is a real little monkey. She copies everything her sister dose. and gets up to her own mischief too. trouble is she dose it all with such a sweet smile that you cannot stay mad at her for long.
Today has been a bit chilly and very overcast still it is suppose to brighten up by the weekend. Mr T is really grumpy this evening i have just asked him something and was shouted at well that's ok i will just ignore him until he behaves :roll: :roll: men. well its our fortnightly church meal tomorrow evening so see if travel is better this time still at the earlier time. :roll:

Barbara Happy Birthday glad you have had a lovely day.
your right about the look to me it say look at me i'm so clever :lol: :lol: but still sweet enough to eat. :lol: :lol:

Toni hi yes Graycie is very sweet too sweet she is a little monkey believe me. yes they do have a lot of toys between them.

Joan We all think Graycie looks like her dad.

Kate Graycie certainly is mischievous and very adventurous too.

Aidan do we have baby Hippos yet. Believe me Graycie is into everything and more she is really very mischievous and adventurous.

Its that time now to potter so love and sparkles to everyone t115006 t4591 t115006 t4591

Post Posted: 17 May 2018 00:40 

Hi to all, it is chilly, heating on low and heading for a frost. B has been out and wrapped the wisteria's up, to keep them from being caught, like they were last year.

I am glad you have had a lovely Birthday Barbara :) Too much chocolate, no, not possible :lol: :lol:

I think it is definitely time to rest a bit now Toni. I knew, Sleek keeps us informed on the activities of Mum and other Peeples. Wheaties, patches and anti inflams were all much needed. I hope things are easier today t115006

Pinkies out at the Ladies lunch sounds quite gentile and far more restful. No slurping T :lol: :lol: says me, who throws it down himself, in full view of the whole t room.

The village must be completely in bloom now. t69044

Ah, Mrs Darcey is coming here, that's why I heard a Scottish meow earlier, when they were all on the phone together. We have earplugs, I might just go into the bedroom and hide :shock: I will have to be on duty, to keep the litter from flying everywhere, there will be much dashing too and fro, during breaks and Sleek and Mrs Darcey will be trying on all the Tiara's :roll: I think Pepe will sit there and say "yes dear", on more than one occasion :lol: :lol:

Apparently Sleek has ordered this one, from catazon prime

Very fetching he thinks, Sleek will shriek when it arrives today. Her ickle house will be needing an extension.

Yes, his Lordship does rosebud lips, slow blinks, winks, etc. Talk of him and he is now shouting in the kitchen...............

We have baby hippo's, they are all well, mothers and babies.......

I hope Barbara was not too tipsy on the Cider. The cake is lovely, it was very tempting to face plant in it.

You are very welcome to the cake and the card Barbara. I had to stop Toni from face planting in the cake......just in time.

I can see frost on the roof next door :? :? hopefully the bubble wrap will keep it away from our wisteria's.

So some nurses didn't clean the tray they were using for the IV's. That is not my idea of a sterile work area, tut tut. See Matron after work.

Good idea to have a week of ab's orally. Just to be sure. Some actimel would not go amiss, after all the ab's, just to get some healthy bugs back into the system.

I hope you had a lovely time at the GC with Mr B and your Niece.

Hi Carol You did make us smile with the pictures of Graycie. You need 4 pairs of arms and eyes everywhere when they are at the "exploring" stage.

So Mr T is in a mood. Some anti grumps sparkles on their way t115006 He may be covered in glitter, just to warn you :lol: :lol:

Men, they are a funny breed :shock: :lol:

I hope your journey to the Church meal is less frantic. t115006

As you will see, we have baby hippo's, they are cute, but Mum's are looking after them well, with the Vets looking on, to make sure all is ok.

Well, I had better have another potter. Pepe is staring at me from the kitchen door, waiting for MORE food.

Hi to everyone else, Kerrin, Christine, Mig, Toady, DD, Elizabeth, Charrisse and all.

Take lots of care, love and sparkles to all t4591 t115006 XX Aidan

Some yummy Pastries for Breakfast

Post Posted: 17 May 2018 07:55 

Lovely morning although there has been a frost overnight hope village plants are ok :?

Thank you for the breakfast Aidan I am all ready now for the ladies lunch for the hospice later on. Pom's husband is taking myself and another lady as Pom will be already there due to taking the table centrepieces :)

I think I might put something nice on don't you think? No tiaras for me though. OMG Sleek will be thrilled when she sees the new Tiara from Catazon :D Pepe knows her so well doesn't he? Yes Dear, Yes Dear!

You heard Mrs D's Scottish Meow? she is a Devon Rex so you'll hear her and she might want a ride on your shoulder!

I have been down to the Hippo enclosure and peeped (thank you for the pic!) they are so sweet!! Adorable :) I kept well back (safety first) as the mums are not as friendly as our shy but gentle Manatees.

Carol that is exactly what little sisters do! they copy big ones (I was one!) and get away with it too :lol:

Being girls there has to be a house FULL of toys takes me back to when mine were small.

Keep your head down until MR T sorts his mood out :roll: men!

I hope the journey to the meal goes a bit better this time fingers crossed.

Barbara I am glad you had a lovely day. Much deserved :) There is no such thing as too much chocolate is there?!!

I had my slice of cake with a cup of tea (practising for the ladies lunch - obviously it would be inappropriate to face splat today :?

I am not impressed at the lack of hygiene :shock: That never happened when Lucy was in :shock:

Morning to you Joan :) I hope all is well with you all and you have some sunshine. Are you going to watch the Royal Wedding?

Love to everyone

Toni xxx

Post Posted: 17 May 2018 08:42 

Hello Barbara Kathleen Aidan Carol Toni.
Barbara I'm 'leased you had a lovely day don't worry there is always someone older.
Kathleen I hope you have a good day.
Aidan yes it's chilly at night be warmer on the weekend.
Carol children grow up quick.
Toni we go for a walk with our friend on Saturday's she don't like the royals.
take care all
Joan xx

Post Posted: 17 May 2018 09:10 

Morning all the sun is shinning...
Carol thankyou..yes men..not counting our Aiden of course..I take every day has it comes with Mr B...hopefully Mr T will behave at the church meal..Graycie is a little love.. :D bet her mum doesn't know which way to turn with them both.. :lol:
Joan thankyou I did have a good day..my late mum used to say the same there is always someone older or someone worse off..my OH is the same with the royals ..I like the young ones and the queen..but the others.. :roll:
Toni you enjoy your tea with the ladies..ladies that lunch is it.. :D I made sure I wiped the tray down before the nurse came just in case.. :o
Aiden I love the tiara..and the baby hippos.. :lol: oh bless I must go and see them.. :D
And thankyou for the breakfast pastry's..everytime the nurses came I was thinking now Aiden would be imaculising (SP) all the equipment...now you mention actimel I have got my yogurt maker here so picked up some sachets yesterday...not sure if we had a frost or not..but my sweet peas look ok..
Its Niamhs day today..we made it Thursday because the little girl next door..I saw little she is 10 loves to play with Niamh so if its nice they can have a picnic in the garden
Nothing more off Neuro..talk about stalling..my second eye clinic is next weds ..the pressure one :roll:
Love to everyone t4591 m0150 t4591 m0150

Post Posted: 17 May 2018 13:51 

Good (I think) afternoon all. :D

Barbara, I'm glad your day was good.

Chris was busy in the front garden this morning, as it was brown bin day today. He just has the back to do now.

I love Sleek's new tiara. I've never heard a Scottish miaow. But I love all things Scottish, so I would like to. And those baby Hippos are too gorgeous for words.

I hope Tosca had some of the Sardines yesterday. Well, all the puss cats really. Today's is definitely for humans only. Beetroot feta grain salad. Enjoy.

Attachments:
beetroot-feta-grain-salad.jpg
beetroot-feta-grain-salad.jpg [ 22.33 KiB | Viewed 47 times ]

Post Posted: 17 May 2018 16:54 

Afternoon to all, all plants were ok and the wisteria were happy to be covered. It was very frosty tcold :shock:

I hope you have a lovely time at the Hospice Ladies T and cakes "do" with Pom's Hubby taking you........../Definitely put something floaty and summery :)

I have heard some shrieking, so I gather Pepe has shown Sleek her new Tiara :shock: :shock: :roll: :lol: He knows her very well, yus my dear (remember that phrase? Arthur Mullard was it)? :lol: :lol:

Yes, we heard Mrs Darcey, oh, my Lilac Siamese's mother was a Devon Rex, he had one very curly hair on his back :lol: :lol: :shock: they are lovely.

My Black Siamese, was more than happy to sit on my neck and shoulders while I was busy with the housework, he was so funny.

The baby hippo's are doing well, suckling and looking cute, their Mums are keeping a close guard on them and we can only see through the one way very thick perspex windows.

Sleek will be over later, while we are having a nap, they are going up to Pendle for some purple heather, Sleek wants some for Mrs Darcey's wedding outfit.

Hi Joan, yes, you are quite right, there is always someone older :lol: and we are only numbers, days, weeks.............who made a year, a year? :? :? :?:

It is going to be a lot warmer over the week end and into next week. 20 degrees, I can just about cope with that I think. We will see :? hope you Sue and the doggies are ok.

I don't think we will be watching all the ballyhoo on Saturday for "the wedding". A look at the dress, see what tiara's and jewels are on show, let them all get on with it, we will have tennis to watch. Sleek, Pepe and Mrs Darcey will be hogging the big screen.

I am with you on the Royals Barbara, I think the Queen is a credit to the Monarchy, the longest serving Monarch in history. Wow, that is some achievement. She will be looking very colourful I am sure.

Glad your sweet peas are ok, it is going to be cold again tonight, likely down to freezing for us, up here in the woods :shock: :lol:

I would be immaculising any surfaces that are involved in medical intervention. I think my slight :? obsession with cleaning, stems from the years of being told that everything had to be spotless and I mean spotless. We used to scrub and scrub with all sorts of chemicals, but we didn't have MRSA or Norovirus bugs on the wards. Sisters word was law and she would check up on everything, it was the norm.

Yes, the yoghurt maker is fine, they are all live cultures, so that is the main thing, to get some good bugs back, after the AB's have wiped a lot of them out. One thing always causes another :roll: :roll:

That's lovely, if Niamh and your neighbours little girl can have a picnic in the garden, they will love it and you will have to have a picnic with them too :)

Eye Clinic next Wed, keep reminding me, I will forget, :roll: Toni will remember and get the cloak ready. Neuro are deff stalling, for some reason.

Hi Kath, Chris has been busy, out in the garden, B was out there yesterday and I did a little pottering and feeding plants, until my back said "STOP".

How are your ouchies, I detect there are some lurking, so I will send some extra woven magic squares over, with one of the possums. t115006 t115006

We love all things Scottish too, I always feel drawn to move there, but I don't think we will, we are very settled here and not far from Skipton, where mums and dad are at rest.

Tosca says a big thank you for the Sardines, she loves them with a passion. t4591

The Betroot Feta Grain Salad looks gorgeous, I am in there already. Thank you kindly.

The Hippo's are adoreable, all cute, they would like a cuddle, but I am sure Mummy Hippo's would be none too keen.

We seem to have been quite busy. Dad had a fall in his front room and smashed the glass shelf on his TV stand. :shock: Remarkably he bounces very well, no cuts, no bruises, no idea what he was doing :shock: :shock: Anyway, all the glass is cleared, the unit has been taken out by B and we got him a new one from Argos, a wooden one in black, that fits perfectly. He is lucky the top shelf didn't go and the tv come landing on top of him.

Everywhere clean and tidy and he is fine with it. He tends to shuffle his feet a lot, so that is always an added risk to falling or stumbling. I watered some of his garden pots too.

Right, I am running out of hours. I will make a move and go potter, before T and biscuits.

Love to all, Kerrin, Christine, Carol, Mig, Toady, DD, Elizabeth et al.

I will catch up later. Let me go find something to go with the lovely salad from Kath. Love and Sparkles to all t4591 t115006 XX Aidan

Chocolate Almond Torte

Board index » Public forums » Chit-chat forum