Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Chit-chat forum

Post subject: Re: Val's Cafe
 Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 00:42 

Oh my goodness, you have been everywhere Toni, then back again, to do it all in reverse :shock: :shock: :shock:

Up with the larks, to the station, out patients appointment, we should all have been there to help and support. :roll: :roll: Keeping it quiet, I don't know. I hope it went ok....................

I am glad Tosca and Sleek arrived under the cloak of many rooms. The new broomstick is very sparkly t115006 in fact Tosca is shouting, sorry shrieking about it as I write. :lol: :lol: :shock:

Charley's puskin, doing the "you cannot find me" trick. They are very good at that, many a time we have nearly ripped the house apart, did we leave a window open, what if this, what if that..............then you turn round and they are sat in the hall looking at you :shock: :shock: I think they all have their own secret small cloaks of invisibility. Just a thought t115006 t115006

I bet you are glad the day is over, (you have pink frosting in your hair, just wanted to point it out).

So, when will the judging be all done and dusted? So glad you had primped the flowers on the Church wall. It is high time Sleeks village won. t69044

It is amazing how they amass all their wealth of property and huge swathes of land. Of course Mrs Darcey owns Scotland and will continue to do so, it will be in her box of deeds :D

Slowly getting points down, for the pip form. What is written is not very good, as my hands don't work or write, like I used to. B will fill some in for me, as I can only write for a short time.

The bravery of those cave divers and rescue crew, is simply incredible and their rewards will be given for eternity. I read about the small gap in one area of the caves, underwater, called the choke point, that was 15 inches wide :shock: :shock: oh my. I will have to stop thinking of it. So glad they are out. I think a couple of the boys have chest problems, which is not surprising.

Soon be Saturday, then Sis will be there, oh so many trips out for coffee, whenever you want to t4591 ..............can we all come :)

Hi Carol, I saw your WONDERFUL SURPRISE on FB earlier, way to go you, so pleased, all credit to you, very much deserved. t69044

Plus it has been a bit cooler, so no hot episodes, apart from the cooking.

You too have a busy time, with knitting, going to see your Aunt, I remember you enjoyed your last visit so much.

I do remember you talking about your friend who lost her GD, sadly taking her own life :cry: t115006 Nice to meet by chance and then have a good catch up over coffee.

I hope the Church is full of people, morning and afternoon if the street it having its annual fair. You will have a long day, so ((())) in advance to ward of any ouchies.

As long as you are ok, don't worry about catching up with everyone. I always get in a muddle if I have missed a day :roll:

Hope the cuppa was enjoyed and the pottering, which we have perfected, over the years.

We had a short visit to Dads for a coffee, apart from that it has been an at home day. B has been immaculising and declutterising his bed room. It is very very tidy. :) I am most pleased. I did a little immaculising, as it has been a degree or two cooler. I will have to give my room a big fuss, not that it is a mess, but I have so many lotions and potions on my cabinets, all essential of course :? :? :roll:

I cannot move Pepe's pillows, they are staying on the bed, next to me. Clean and primped and stopping put. No one can touch them.

I had best set another two alarms, I have to ring the surgery at 0800, to get in to see my GP today.

Going into town anyway, so hopefully I can get an appt which coincides with visiting the T room. Not asking for much am I :lol: :lol: :roll: I won't tell them that on the phone :shock: :shock:

Right, my dears. Time for me to move. Back is singing.

Hi to everyone, Kerrin, Christine, Elizabeth, DD, Mig, Toady, SW and all.

Everyone take lots of care. Love and Sparkles abound t4591 t115006 t115006

:D :D

Very sparkly donuts for breakfast today

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 07:02 

Morning all those doughnuts are very glamorous Aidan I have to agree if in doubt add more glitter is the order of the day!!

I hope your alarm goes off and the Drs apt coincides with a T room visit beautifully...Sleek and Tosca have cast a spell.

Of course you can't move Pepe's blankie!! No way far too soon :cry: Did you notice Sleek has been sniffing it and rubbing her face on his casket? It may have moved slightly :?

Well done though to B for immaculising and you too for your supervision (no doubt!).

I thought exactly the same with Charley's puss as you know they live on a main Rd and she is an indoor pusskin :shock: 'Cat-Cloak-of-invisibility' eh? That is an idea :roll:

Our pusskins do own a lot of land I have to agree.....are dogs the same Sleek and Tosca shrieked with laughter at my imbecility for asking that question :lol:

I am just so thankful the kids got out alive and well (hopefully not too many long term issues). I don't think about what they had to do :shock: . Just that they are all out and how thankful we all are especially their parents.

Congratulations Carol!! That is lovely :) I am very proud of you - well all are in here t69044

I can imagine you and your old friend needing at least an hour and a half to catch up! I hope she is coping ok ((()))

Now this open Church should do better. Put a sign out saying nice and cool in here (if it is!)!!! m0150

A quick Morning! to Joan m0150 another hot one ahead here today :roll: all windows are open here it's lovely and cool just now - how are the dogs coping?

Love to everyone

Toni xxx

Pink frosting in my hair?!! Oh no tap tap tap tap tap......tap tap tap!! It's all over my pillowcase too :roll: typical!

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 08:23 

Hello Barbara Kathleen Aidan Carol Toni.
Barbara yes we need rain it's colder today.
Kathleen you have. a good day good luck with your bloods.
Aidan good luck with your forms how's your Dad.
Carol congratulations you deserve it.
Toni you and your sister will have so much to talk about I think I would cry.
take care all
Joan xx

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 13:58 

DN came to ours Aidan. He knows I have problems getting to the clinic, so takes pity on me. He's just come back from a holiday in California. Although the temperature was 105 degrees humidity was only 5% so more comfortable than here. I've just scoffed 3 glamorous Doughnuts. Slurp. Thank you kindly.

Toni, pusscats definitely have a cloak of invisibility. My Smutty used one whe he came into my room in the early morning. I used to hear him purring like a huge motor cycle, but couldn't see him. Then suddenly he would appear on my pillow beside me, rubbing his head on mine. Big fat soppy pusscat. He reached 19 (I was 12) when he scampered over the Rainbow Bridge. t115006 t115006 t115006

Congratulations Carol. Yes, we are all so very proud of you. And rather envious too. t4591 t69044 t4591

I thought we'd have a nice crunchy vegetable salad today. Plenty in the fridge. Now I'm off to be immaculised in a cool shower. Image

Attachments:
chunky-vegetable-salad-ay.jpg
chunky-vegetable-salad-ay.jpg [ 24.39 KiB | Viewed 112 times ]

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 16:32 

am ok, been doing more to pip :shock: :roll: :roll: will be about again later. Love and sparkles. t4591 t115006 off for an early siesta, it is SO humid....................XX Aidan

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 20:19 

I am sure I will cry Joan!! But they will be happy tears! Never mind football coming home - my SISTER is!!! :D :D :D

That salad was lovely Kath just right for this weather.

Nice DN you have there I think and 'abroad' heat is always better than here I agree.

Aw Smutty I take it he had a black splodge somewhere? Bless him I bet you missed him at 12 :( My girls were 14 when Eric Catona went :(

Aidan - good lad!! Keep going on the PIP a bit at a time. Hope you saw the GP. Now put it away watch some tennis and forget it for now.

t69044

Charley's pusskin behaved today :)

Love

Toni xxx

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 21:10 

Evening all

started off an overcast cloudy day here with a slight breeze so not cold went to knitting left there and it was hot and m0150 m0150 again.

Aidan ooh which of our flying furry ones has the new sparkling broomstick that Tosca is so excited about. glad the pip form is going well. I think those cave divers and rescue team were marvellous to get all the boys out.
yes bit of a surprise with the certificate yesterday because last year our consultant just gave the three diamond members one she had made up and printed and a little pin badge and did not give the proper certificate to one person only as it should be. so yes a bit of a surprise. visit to aunt has been arranged and a couple of other family members will be there too this time so quite looking forward to that as well.
yes we are excellent potterers :lol: :lol: after all we do it enough.

Toni thanks for the comment on the certificate. My old friend and I really did have a good chat and she left saying we must do this more often. I'm happy with that as I like to be busy when Mr T is in his little office doing whatever :lol: and mooching around shops gets a bit boring sometimes. yes this open church should be better mind you we often get a lot of people in who are working on the stalls and things because they know we let them use the loo and fill their flasks up ect . oh dear pink frosting on your pillowcase now is it :roll: don't worry about the tears I am sure the will be tears of happiness when your sister is back near you. t4591

Joan Thank you for your comment hope you and Sue and your doggies are ok in this heat we are having.

Kath thank you Kath I was rather pleased myself. Mmm vegetable salad nice and healthy was yummy. nearly ate it all stopped myself just in time. :oops:

Well is time for the pottering again then settle down with my cup
of tea.

Sparkles and love to you all t115006 t115006 t4591 t4591

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 23:12 

Hi, I am back again. I have stopped whittling and fretting over the pip forms for today and we have enjoyed catching up with the tennis Toni.

Those donuts were amazing, I am going to try and find some in Tesco's :lol: :lol: The more sparkles the better, you are quite right.

My alarm did go off and after the 8th time, I got through to the surgery. "is it urgent"? - No, I was asked to ring back, to get in to see my own GP today. "is it urgent"? :x :x
Bear in mind this was 0810. I would like to see Dr I later today please.
"what's the problem"? None of your business.

twenty past 8. I said, that is in 10 minutes time, I am in bed, I am disabled, it takes me more time than would be normal. 9 o clock. No, I would still not be able to get there.

That's all the slots for today, ring back tomorrow morning. :?

Now this is a receptionist that I have not dealt with before and she did not attend charm school. :? :? I bit my tongue and said I would ring back Thursday.

Tosca and Sleek need to cast another very strong spell for this morning. t115006 t115006 Silver might have to be involved, to get past reception.

It would have to be in the afternoon as I am at the Clinic near Bradford, seeing my new Consultant today.

Cloak of many rooms would be very welcome, why I am a nervous wreck at meeting a new Consultant, I just do not know. Irrational.

I had noticed that the caskets had been moved a little, bless, Sleek has been visiting, she is a love. t4591

I am very impressed with the immaculising. I just get so hot at the moment, if I try and do anything. Angina starts from nowhere, well, I know where it starts, but, you get my drift :roll:

I am glad to hear that Charley's cat is a home puskin. Too dangerous with a busy road. I beet you were nearly frantic when you could not find her.

I am with you on the cave rescue. The heroism of the cave divers and rescue teams, is just amazing. The children were sedated, so that they were not traumatised during their ordeal of getting out. Each boy had two divers with them, one in front, one behind. They had to dive for up to half an hour at a time. Sedation was the right thing, without a doubt.

It has been so humid in the afternoon and evening. Just turned the AC off now and already I am getting hotter by the minute.

I see we have storms and thunder on the horizon, having read the news, it is wales, and into the midlands, so they think, but they are not quite sure, it could be today, it could be Friday............... :shock: :roll:
Is it so hard to predict? The met office has one of the most powerful computer systems known and they are still not sure :roll: :roll:

Whichever way, I hope we all get some rain and the temp drops, I have had enough already, along with so many others.

That's better, no more pink frosting in your hair and your pillow, :shock: :shock: well, hot wash immediately :lol:

Hi Joan - Thank you, I am getting there with the forms, I am still writing little notes, before we put it all down on the form itself. It is very stressful.
Dad is as ok as can be, we keep him under our wing and make sure he is doing ok. He enjoys going out for coffee and snacks.

I guessed the DN would be coming to you Kath, having had a lovely time in California, it is great out there, I loved it. So dry, so you don't notice the heat, like you do here.

3 donuts, way to go Kath. Enjoy, well, obviously you did :lol: :lol:

Mr Smutty, what a lovely name. and how cute to rubbing his head on yours, appearing from under his cloak, as they do. 19, what a good age. Tosca is nearly 19 bless her. He will be there with Cookie Pepe, Eric, Snowie.......ok, stop now Aidan :cry:

Mmm a chilled crunchy salad, thank you, I don't mind if I do. Hope you enjoyed your shower and are suitably immaculised :)

Glad Charley's puskin was not hiding under her cloak today. Less stressful for you Toni. Sis's arrival is getting nearer, I am excited t69044 t69044 some more flowers for the house.

Hi Carol - cooler, then by the time you arrived at the knitting group it was boiling hot again. Oh and the wool, to make things even hotter m0150 :shock: :shock:

Tosca has the new broomstick, so glamorous it is.

I bet it was a lovely surprise to get your diamond certificate from SW. Justly deserved t69044

Meeting with family planned, that will be nice to have a get together.
We have been pottering for a long time, we are very well versed in all aspects of potterisation :)

I hope the Church is super busy, with you offering the use of the "facilities" there should be some return.

I hope everyone else is ok, Barbara, have you been melting, using your misty fan, sitting in the paddling pool? I trust you have not had any more dizzy spells t4591

Not long now until the summer break Kerrin, I bet you are looking forward to it immensely.

Hi to Christine, Mig, Toady, DD, SW, Elizabeth and all.

So, off out early doors to the Cardio, then back to Skipton, get a few bits and bobs, maybe a snack and a couple of coffee's in Nero's.

Possibly get to see my GP in the afternoon, depending on Sleek and Tosca's spell of charm and politeness on the reception staff :roll: :?

I will appear at some point. Thank you for being under the cloak. First appointment 1015.

Time to potter, I am melting, again. Love and sparkles to all. t4591 t115006 t115006 XX Aidan

Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Bake

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 08:18 

Hello Kathleen Carol Aidan Toni.
Kathleen they have said rain today the garden's need it.
Carol have you treated your self for winning.
Aidan I don't see why they need to know what's wrong they say it's to put you with the right Doctor.
Toni not long now have a good day.
take care all
Joan xx

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 13:27 

Quote:
Aw Smutty I take it he had a black splodge somewhere?
He was mainly black, with a white face and bib, and black splodge on his nose. He also had the longest white whiskers ever. He let me put my toy jewellery round his neck, and I would pop him in my dolly's pram and take him down the street. So sweet Toni. Image

While looking for exotic grub for us, I found DEEP FRIED TARANTULAS!!! No thank you I grimaced. So we have Morning Rice Salad. The egg is runny, so Buttered Soldiers all round I think. :D

Well it may be Thursday for the rest of the country, but chez moi it is Tuesday. As it was a lot cooler first thing, we meandered to the Co-op and had our Tuesday treat of Magnums on the benches. Lovely Jubbly.

Joan, no rain here. The sun is out now. :(

Aidan, I hope you managed to get through to the doctor today. Some receptionists treat the docs ike naughty children to be protected from patients. Hope the PIP form isn't tiring you too much. I filled mine in one question at a time. :roll: I thinkI miscacalulated Smutty's age. I was 2 when I had him. I used to crouch down beside his milk dish and try to lap it up, while he watched me in disdain. He perhaps was only 10 years old. :? Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Bake, don't mind if I do.

Carol, I'm glad you enjoyed the salad yesterday. t4591

Attachments:
Morning Rice Salad.jpg
Morning Rice Salad.jpg [ 19.12 KiB | Viewed 64 times ]

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 14:11 

Hi everyone Im here...i did think I had posted yesterday ..not good is it.. :oops: :shock:
Lets see what I can remember
Aiden yes I am melting even when it goes a little cooler..we desperately need rain..think the last time I said this was 1976...I see you are having problems getting an appointment ..this did t used to be but like you say so many people now :shock: we have one receptionist like that and there are around 5 all together..it cost nothing to be civil ...its so annoying ..I could never treat people like this however stressful the job was..so you ate half way through your form..thats is good but like you say it makes you feel poorly..I dont blame you for having Pepe's cushion on your bed it must be comforting in a way..(())Just helped myself to the blueberry bake :D
Carol many congratulations on becoming diamond member of the year..it must have nice for your friend to talk about things..the poor thing I can only imagine what she is going through... :cry: bless her..I see you are busy again..and that is good.. :D
Kath good luck with the bloods..so you haven't done to trail ..its been far to hot to walk anywhere
Toni I can feel your excitement your sister is coming home,.. how lovely for you both :D and you have got the wall dead headed just in time..it would be lovely if you win best kept village.it would be well deserved :D .and you are here there and everywhere..hope whatever it was at the clinic that all is well..
Joan..its very humid here but at least we have cloud..for now that is..hope you are all doing ok..
I had a lovely time with my niece on Tuesday..only just over an hour..but we had a good laugh..just what I needed..
Right better move Niamh is being picked up from school by G-Dad
Love to everyone t4591 t115006 t4591

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 14:59 
Site Admin

Hi all
I notice a couple of you have mentioned that you use to get Inspire magazine but don't anymore. Please will you email supporterservices@arthritiscare.org.uk and they will be able to sort this out for you.
Best Wishes
Sharon

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 15:37 

Thank you Sharon, I've done that, quoting my Membership Number and Postal address. :D

Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 16:50 

Hi to all, this will be as brief as yesterdays afternoon note I think.

Thank you for the cloak duties, I did hear rustling, hands peeking out and looking in equipment trolley :lol: :lol: Dr had left the room at that point, so it was ok.

Meeting with my new Consultant was just fine, he is lovely, really nice and kind, old school I would say, just like my previous one. He has semi retired too and only works at the private clinic now. He is certainly going to write a long letter to go with my PIP forms.

Plus I had a call from my GP, so I put him in the picture too. He said let him know if he needs me to write, sometimes the DWP ask for more info, sometimes they never bother. :roll: :roll:

Hi Joan, Kath, Barbara and hi to Sharon too, thank you for the heads up on the inspire magazine :) Hi to Toni who will be along, it is choir practice tonight too, better get tuned up Barbara.

Right, tip tap tip tap tippety tappety splat. Oh, I thought it was cake, so we have a big mess in the booth, a very tasty one it is though Kath, thank you kindly. :lol: :lol:

Right, I need to have a cup of T, some biscuits and a lay down, I am jaded. Will catch up again later. Love to all. t4591 t115006 :animal_busy: XX Aidan

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 00:28 

Hi to all, I seem to have regrouped a little, after a siesta. Very humid, but managed to rest a while.

Hi Joan, I think all surgeries say that "the Drs have asked that we take brief details of your problem, so that we can put you with the right Clinician".
Well, what I want to see the Dr about is between me and Dr, not the receptionists - All a bit annoying, but, it seems to be the normal practice now.

Hope you and Sue and the doggies are all ok. It is Suesday now, Sue will be writing while you walk the doggies before going into town. Have a nice shop and coffee / cakes.

Aw, bless, poor Smutty. I bet you were upset, just as so many of us have been, with our lovely puskins going over Rainbow bridge t115006

Taking him out in the pram wearing your toy jewellery, bless again. :cry: :cry:

You found SPID**S, deep fried, oh my days. I am SO glad that you didn't put them on the t time menu :shock: :shock:

As you will have read, I thought it was cake in the booth, so I face planted into it and made a huge mess. I blocked the self cleaning machinery with rice, but it is fixed now. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: that will teach me to look before I dive into the dish.
It tasted very good though.

So yesterday was Tuesday in your house, Thursday everywhere else :lol: that's fine, I thought it was Wednesday yesterday, so between us, we have nearly covered a week in one day :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad it was cooler for a little perambulate and a tempting magnum whilst alighting on your benches. Get me, all those big words :lol:

I rang the surgery bang on 0800, got through, it was the same receptionist, I thought, here we go...............anyway, she was more polite and said, sorry, Dr I is in minor ops this afternoon, but I can ask him to ring you when he has finished, which he did. I told him about my visit to the Cardiologist, the pip forms etc. He said just shout if I need him to do anything to help. He is really nice, I guess that is why you can never get to see him :? :? I feel better for speaking to him.

I am doing my notes, one section at a time, then looking back over them and adding anything else I can think of. Then I will write a few and B will fill in the rest. I cannot write for long at all, my fingers don't work as well as they could. Every time I start some notes, I get into a lather. But, needs must.

So Smutty was about 10 when he passed. Poor Smutty. He will be having a wonderful time across the bridge. I used to sit in the garden and share our dogs bone, imagine, health and safety would have passed out, but, it did me no harm, as far as I know :? :lol:

There you are Barbara, I was wondering if all was ok. You thought you had posted, don't worry, Kath and I don't have a clue what day it is :lol: :lol: :roll:

I have been melting on and off for the last two days. The humidity has gone sky high.
It was so sad to see all the hills and fields from here, all the way past Skipton and towards Bradford, brown and parched, no green fields at all. The animals have virtually nothing to graze, so they are eating silage etc.

I have never seen it like that before. We are desperate for rain. :( The streams have dried up and the river Ribble, is just a trickle past our village, you can walk across without getting your feet wet.

Pepe's pillows are fine, next to mine, they are going nowhere, all the little toys / animals are neatly sat on top :) t4591

The forms do make me feel ill, as I was saying to the Consultant. He was so nice, I am glad I have a new "boss" as I call my Cardio. It was his Secretary who said, come and see Dr M, he is lovely.

He did the usual obs and listened to my heart, BP etc. Then he got the tuning fork and kept pinging it and putting the flat end on various parts. on my Head, I felt no vibrations at all, :shock: only tiny bit on my hands, nothing on my elbow :? :shock:
I didn't ask, but I am assuming it is due to the spondylosis in my neck.
He said I have lost a lot of upper body strength and of course my knees were crunching like mad.

All in all a good visit. He said, get in touch with me if there is anything that changes, heart wise. Otherwise I will see him again in 6 months.

We didn't go into Skipton, well, not into town, we ended up at McDonald's, the tesco for a few bits, then home.

How was choir, I heard a lot of lovely singing through the crystal ball.
Glad you enjoyed your time with your Niece, always a tonic for you both. I bet you have had a busy evening with Niamh. Won't be long until the school holidays.

Now, is it today that you get the keys to your Sis's house Toni? I think it was Friday. Sleek said her other house completes today, she had been shrieking with Mother Tosca, her excitement was overwhelming them both :roll: :lol: t69044 t4591
I bet you are all just over the moon and back. Steady away now, you will have a long journey to go pick up Sis.

Did you go to choir? Barbara was in fine voice.

Sleek came over early doors, while it was cooler and took Tosca for a glide, she didn't want to fly, so she sat in her gel cushioned chair, her bones were a bit achy, bless her. They looked for some mists, but it was only poor air quality haze, so no use to the Nymphs. There were quite a few people on Pendle though, doing a rain dance at the summit.

Carol will be out for lunch, then coffee with her friend. Facing a very busy Saturday at Church too.

I hope everyone else is as ok as possible.

Have you been watching Wimbledon Kerrin, it is all very exciting. Doubles with Jamie Murray and Vic Azarenka was edge of the seat.

Well, I had better do some more pottering. I am setting like a plaster cast.

Love, Sparkles and Hugs to all t4591 t115006 ((()))

Off for brunch at the GC with Dad today, he has an appointment with podiatry at our local hospital, for doppler on his legs, to check his circulation.

Catch up later, maybe it will rain today :? :? XXX Aidan

Cheesy Corn Fritters for breakfast

Board index » Public forums » Chit-chat forum