Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Chit-chat forum

Post subject: Re: Val's Cafe
 Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 08:50 

Hello Everyone
Its me again I did yesterdays post as well because it was our 77 birthday and we were going out.but I don't know what happened to it because all though I read it disappeared.
Joan will be on here tomorrow
Love Sue

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 08:57 

Am chomping some brioche with noo-noo going sorry to be talking with my mouth full, but today is the last of my manic days this week...hairdressers for Lucy in Lichfield so a journey ahead again ::)

Aidan I hope all goes well today and no-one is too upset. ((())) this will be late MIL's first birthday since loosing her extra ((())) Poor DIL :( and B.

Sleek and Tosca intend to join you you know? They were out early doors again bless them and are ready when you are.

I thought the gems were something to do with transport too not sure what, but Sleek shouts on the crystal ball when she's talking to Darcey and Tosca as they are both a little deaf.....shame it's not a pusskin hearing aid eh :lol:

Shame the cloak didn't dress me I could have stayed asleep!!

Barbara my sister is nearby 5.7 miles according to my bro who is nothing if not specific :roll:

I hope that the 22nd of sept goes well - it's in the cloak's diary as you know .

I'm glad the lady ate a little macdonalds bless her.

No Joan?!! Jo-oan!!! Where are you? I do hope all is well and she's just been very busy :?

See you all later

Love

Toni xx

Ps Joan and Sue's birthday!!!!!!!!!!! t69044 t4591 t4591
I very much hope you both had a lovely day!!

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 09:52 

Morning..its pouring down here.. :lol: :D
Hello Sue..I hope you and Joan had a lovely meal out for your Birthday.. Imagehere some flowers from me for the worlds loveliest twins.. :D Image and a cake Imagexxxxx
Toni so your sister is not far away..so easy to visit one another.. :D have a good time at the hairdresser Lucy... :D just what is needed after two hospital visits...
thankyou for the cloak duties for the 22nd Sept..I want it to go very slowly :lol:
Aiden you are a star finding the vitamins....I will have a trip there today..thankyou...they really are needed I am sleeping but sooo tired..
Bless it will be a day of mixed emotions for dad, you, Bill and SIL but so nice to have such a lovely place for them to rest and there names carved in the stone, I hope it doesn't rain then you can gather your thoughts for a while..and then enjoy the restaurant ..I am sure your mum dad and Bills mum will be there with you..((())) I will be thinking of you all...and I know the sparkles will help the lady ..she said to our GD she wants to go now.. :cry: so its time bless her..
thankyou for the Chocolate Swiss Brioche lovely with a cup of tea.. :D
Will leave you all for now
Love to everyone t4591 t115006 t4591

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 13:04 

It's raining. :D

Joan and Sue, enjoyed their special day. t4591 t69044 t4591 t69044

Scoffing some yummy Swiss Brioche and then will have some Kale and Butterbean soup later.

t115006 t4591 t115006 t4591 t115006 t4591 t115006 t4591

Attachments:
Kale and Butterbean soup.jpg
Kale and Butterbean soup.jpg [ 15.7 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 16:53 

Thought we should have a big cake :)

Hope you both had a lovely day Joan and Sue. t4591 t4591

Not long back from Skipton. It was a drawn out journey there, with roadworks, I had had enough of sitting within 15 minutes of setting off :? :?
Anyway, we got there, both of B's Brothers were there, we didn't know his Brother from London was coming up, so that was a lovely surprise, he came on his own, left SIL and kids doing their own thing.

The weather was kind to us, so we could potter about, look at the names on the giant stones, had a potter over to my Mum n Dad's graves.
All was ok, nice to share some quiet time, before having a lovely lunch.

Dad was a bit upset, but we rallied him along. Thank you all for your kind words.

I thought I saw the puskins, flying high over Embsay Crag. Mother was in her gel seat, with Sleek at the helm.

I am super ouchy and ready for a nap, so I will catch up with everyone later.
Love and Sparkles to all t4591 t115006 XX Aidan

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 17:00 

Thank you everyone for your Birthday wishes a friend stayed for 4 hours all we did was laugh.
today we went shopping the man came to try and fix sue's rad he's just left. now tea.
I hope you have all had a good day
take care
joan xx

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 00:46 

Hi to all -
Finally a little time.......

I hope you enjoyed your Birthday Joan and Sue. Don't worry about posts vanishing, things go missing into the ether sometimes. Nice to have a friend round and spend all the time laughing. A good medicine indeed. t4591 t4591

So Friday was a manic day as well then Toni. Are you sure that is the last one for a little while ? :? :?
I will finish off gathering the crumbs, with noo noo, just a few dropped, in your haste to get to the Hairdressers :lol: :lol: I am sure Lucy looks lovely with her new hair do.

Everything went ok, thank you. The weather held out (it is often wild and wet up at Tarn Moor). No rain, but sunshine, which was welcome. My late Mum said, "don't you be coming up here when it is wet or cold", bless her.

Thank you for the extra hugs, always welcomed t4591 t115006

I have had a word with Hermione, to reduce the shrieking, due to Mrs Darcey and Mother's deafness, that the crystal ball will convert all the conversation into cat text, (which we cannot read) :? :?

It didn't work, Mother read what Sleek was saying and was off shrieking up and down the hall :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: But I am sure, when it comes to "secrets", that all will be quiet.

I have gleaned one mode of transport, it is a new cloak, :shock: :shock: made with woven gems, from the enchanted forest.

Before the cloak becomes invisible, the nymphs have allowed a picture of one small area of the new cloak of many rooms. It is a work of art

It holds new magical powers to aid those who are receiving cloak duties.
It has extra rooms too. Not sure what rooms they are, as the cloak has not yet been commissioned by Silver. t115006

It will be in use as from this morning. I am sure Sleek will be admiring the gems and pawing them gently. t115006

Hi Barbara - we had some rain here in the morning and on the way to Skipton it poured down, then two miles down the road it was dry as a board :?

You are welcome, I hope those vitamins are ok and don't contain vit A. Let's hope they can boost you a little. Do you take vitamin B complex?
Thank you, it went well at Tarn Moor, not a lot you can do, as you cannot take flowers, as the graves are not marked, sheep roam freely in the woodland areas and keep the grass nice and short. The wild flower meadow is for the scattering of ashes. B and I know where my parents are laid to rest and every grave is microchipped.
I like to touch the ground where they are laid. Re confirms the bond.

Bless the lady who is 92, wanting to go now. t115006 t115006

You have had rain too Kath, very good, all rains are welcome, as long as they are not so torrential as to cause floods. The poor people in the campsite in France, all had to be rescued, as it was all washed away :shock: :shock:

The Kale and Butterbean soup was delicious thank you.

I hope you are feeling not too bad.

Do we have any news of Rubie? Days are ticking by. I bet you are on pins Carol.

Hi to Kerrin, Christine, Elizabeth, Mig, DD, Toady SW and all.

A quiet evening here, siesta time was very welcome, to ease the joints if nothing else. Still ouching, despite a shed load of pain dullers. :roll: :roll: never mind, keep on pottering.

Dad will be round for coffee and croissants this morning. No other plans for the week end, an at home couple of days.

Better move, or I will seize up. Love and sparkles to all t4591 t115006 take lots of care XXXX Aidan

Mini Berry Yoghurt Tarts

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 07:52 

Mini berry yoghurt tarts :) Mmmmm…..lovely thanks Aidan :)

I can see yesterday would be very emotional for you and everyone in the family. I would want to touch the ground too ((())) Poor Dad, but how lovely to have the surprise visit of a BIL!!

Hopefully he will be feeling much better today for his coffee and croissant.

Mother and Sleek did do a fly over Mother on her gel cushion yes bless her and they dropped down some sparkles on you all.

Wow that is some fabric!! The gems sewn in there are gorgeous! Sleek has told me that she Mrs D and Tosca got to stroke it and it is wonderful t4591 The shrieking was as loud, but the chattering does seem quieter :lol:

I cannot wait to see what the new cloak will bring us....and what will happen to the 'old' one???

Joan there is nothing as good for you as a firm belly laugh!! :lol: :lol: I'm so glad you both had a great day t69044

Kath I took some soup it was lovely and so healthy too :)

No rain here :(

Still sunny, but not that warm :?

Barbara you need to go on 22nd remember how dreadful you have felt?? You need to get sorted now it can't keep happening ((())) be brave!

I'm not surprised the lady is ready to go. One of Lucy's friends at the hospital said the same. She didn't know what she was waiting for :( Sad :(

I wonder whether Carol has news for us???

Better get something done today methinks :roll: onwards and upwards.

Love to all

Toni xx

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 08:17 

Hello Toni Aidan and everyone I missed.
Toni how is Lucy I hope all of you have a good weekend. (((((()))))
Aidan B and your Dad I hope thing's are not too bad I have not read everything. ((((())))) have a good weekend.
love Barbara Kathleen Carol.
take care
Joan xx

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 08:17 

Hello Toni Aidan and everyone I missed.
Toni how is Lucy I hope all of you have a good weekend. (((((()))))
Aidan B and your Dad I hope thing's are not too bad I have not read everything. ((((())))) have a good weekend.
love Barbara Kathleen Carol.
take care
Joan xx

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 13:48 

We went all the way into town, on the bus. First time since May. Had hair cuts, popped in the bank, then the chemist. Had a bacon and egg cob/barm/roll whatever you want to call it, and coffee. All under the gazebo. Congratulated Rose and Gary on their new grandson (Huxley William). Chris treated me to 4 cool cotton T-shirts (what heatwave) :D Then we bought sausage rolls and sandwiches for later from Greggs. Taxi home with Jazz, our favourite and very disabled friendly Asian taxi driver. Flopped in my chair and napped. :animal_busy:

Oh a new cape. I heard it on the grapevine it is made from one of Queen Elizabeth 1 lavish gowns. Dr Who travelled back in time and gave it to Hogwart's. Now we have it. Beyond beautiful. :lol:

Oh Aidan, I've lost count how many Mini Yoghurt Berry Tarts I've had. Thank you. Now whose found some BEST BUTTER for my Lemon Ginger Scones? TONI t115006 t4591 t115006 m0150 t69044

Attachments:
lemongingerscones.jpg
lemongingerscones.jpg [ 23.58 KiB | Viewed 96 times ]

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 15:47 

Thank you Joan Lucy is really well at the moment bless her :) I hope you both are too - what did you give each other for your birthday?

Kath you have been busy well done all that out and about. You look 10 years younger after your haircuts too :)

You know about the cloak :shock: :shock: I am impressed!! So our nymphs must have been added jewels and doing fine stitching repairs....

President butter in the fridge help yourself!!

Oh I see you have done - good! Mmmmm lovely scones thanks :)

See you all later!

Toni xx

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 15:58 

Afternoon all sunny but lovely and fresh...
Toni I will be brave.. :roll: I promise...its strange but having these hips replaced didnt really bother me..not once I got there, but the thought of what they might do to my nose..apparently the balloon that I wouldn't mind, is not used has much on the NHS..I am definitely not having them chipping away... :shock: I hope that Lucy loved her hair...and all wedding preparation are going to plan :D and its so dad that one of Lucy friends wants to go..its just not fair... :cry:

Aiden..Thankyou for the mini berry yogurt tarts..I needed a few of them :D
poor dad ..but you were all there for him...how lovely that you like to touch the earth were mum and dad are, I can imagine how close it makes you feel to them :) t115006
What a lovely cake for Joan and Sues Birthday..they really do deserve it..
the only vitamins I take are Vit D with calcium..its so complex what you can and cant take with CKD..it depends at what stage you are at..my brain wont take it all in.. :roll: now the new clock looks good..all those precious stones..
Joan and Sue I am glad you had a good laugh with your friend it the very best medicine... :D
Kath that was a long day no wonder you fell asleep,must say we only buy Gregg's sausage rolls..we had then for Niamhs party...now will we have another heat wave so you can wear your cotton T shirts.. :?
I have my chill pillow ...all ready for the next heatwave...tell you we wont get one now..so you can thank me :lol: I tried it last night ..it wasn't warm but felt so good... :D
better go Niamh is hear with daddy in a few mins...
Love to everyone t4591 t115006 t4591
Hi to Toni I just spotted you there..we bought the butter from Sainsbrizs..lovely with my French style bread.. :)

Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 00:05 

Afternoon to all, nice day, not too warm, a pleasant breeze, quite bearable.

They are good, those little tartlets aren't they Toni, I cannot remember how many I have had, two, I think :shock: :? :? Maybe more :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the extra hugs. We were surprised to see B's other Brother from London. I said, lovely surprise, what you doing here :D :D

He is staying until Sunday, with is twin Brother who lives in Huddersfield. They are as far apart as chalk and cheese, when it comes to twins looking similar. Bill is more like his Brother from London.
They have come over today, just the two of them, to watch the football with Dad. Dad was round here having had his coffee and croissants and BIL walked in and said, shall we go watch the match, at your place. Dad was pleasantly surprised to see them. We kept it a secret that they were coming.

They will pop round here for a quick natter, before they head off back to Hudds.

There has been glitter, there was some in the bathroom and some in B's bedroom.............must have brought it back with us yesterday :shock: :shock: it is very strange how it just appears. :shock:

The woven cloak is just magical, with extra large gems too. Kath has found out that part of it belonged to Elizabeth the First and was a treasure from Hogwarts. The Nymphs have added to it. It fizzes, it is so full of magic t4591 t115006

We must thank Dr Who for going back in time to gather the garment.

Yes, the chattering is a lot quieter, but we don't seem to be able to lower the shrieking, :roll: :roll: Mother has just been to powder her nose and is shouting the roof down :lol: :lol:

Apparently the other cloak of many rooms, has gone in for refurbishments and will be used for times when there are different appointments on the same day. Sleek said it was going for safe keeping into her ickle house. How is Kari, I remember you said you were going over yesterday, regards to Mrs Darcey too t4591 t115006

I remember Mum, when she was so ill, in her final days at Blackburn, she kept looking through us and saying, "I won't be long". Which was very true. :cry: :cry:

Hi Joan, hi Sue. I hope you are both as ok as can be, having enjoyed your Birthday and a good laugh with your friend who came to visit.
We are not so bad, pains and ouchies aside, we carry on. Dad is ok, he is happy now that the football season has started :roll: :lol: He normally falls to sleep :lol: :lol:

BIL's and Dad all came back round after the match, left about half four, so we tidied and I fussed, then neighbours came over from across the road, that went up to siesta time................and now it is after 11pm.

Way to go Kath, off into town on the bus. Hair done, looks very nice (I am hinting for mine cutting today). Bank and a bacon and egg cob, cob is the one I know well, spending most of my formative years in and around Nottingham. Mother was always baking cobs. Under the gazebo too. Was it more pleasant weather, ie able to breathe a bit easier :)

What a fabulous name Huxley William, I love it.

Chris buying new T shirts, it has all been going on :lol: :D It's great having things all ready to eat, for later in the day. Carol is very good at that, on Sundays when they are usually at Church.

A pleasant ride home in the taxi, who looks after those of us who are less able. Not surprised you fell to sleep when you sat down.

Isn't the new cloak wondrous. A mixture of the garments of Elizabeth the 1st, from the 1500's and the new woven gossamer threads with mini gems, by the lovely nymphs. Silver has given us a chest, to keep it in, it arrived late in the evening. Not sure it will fit in Miss Sleeks ickle house though :shock: :shock:

This is probably the best glimpse of the new cloak, that we will ever see, once the chest is closed, the cloak will be invisible. t115006 t115006

Sleek said to Mother Tosca that she is trying to make room for it in her ickle house, as the chest is beyond her wildest sparkliest dreams :D

I see Toni had a more than adequate supply of French butter for those delicious scones, lemons, ginger and sliced almonds, just delightful. Many thanks :)

Hi Barbara, it has been a lot fresher, for most of the day, a bit more humid now, but bearable. Raining steadily now, hoorah, after so many weeks of hot hot and hotter.

Try not to think about noses and what procedures that can be done. Tap tap tapping of bones, is really for cosmetic or repairs of facial injuries.
Me, saying don't worry :roll: :roll: From Lancashire's biggest worrier :lol: :lol:

I did want to touch the ground at Mum n Dads graves, I just hoped that I didn't topple over and land in sheep poop :shock: :roll:

Joan and Sue do indeed deserve the best of cakes :) t4591

It is a bit of a minefield as to what you can and cannot have with CKD. As you rightly say, it depends at what stage things are at as well.
Vitamin D is very important, as the kidneys loose their ability to make vitamin D.
Beetroot and beetroot juice is very cleansing for the kidneys.

This is quite an interesting read, about renal problems and supplements. Not too complex in its explanations.

https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/vitamineral

Glad your chill pillow works well, if we don't have another heatwave, I am sure we won't mind one bit.
The cloak of gems is just stunning, we are very grateful. t115006

We like Greggs sausage rolls, not had them in a long long time, but they were always very eatable.

Hope you had a lovely time with Niamh and your Son. More sparkles for your DIL to hear something very soon.

Carol, is there any news? Days are ticking and we hope that GD and Rubie are ok and things are going to plan. t115006 t115006

Hi to Kerrin, Mig, Toady, Christine, Elizabeth, DD, SW and all.

Quiet evening here, catching up with the tennis from Toronto, next semi final starts at 1am, so we will see most of it.

Love and Sparkles abound t4591 t115006 XX Aidan

Waffle Cake with Figs, Berries and Maple Syrup

Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 07:19 

mmmm...those are rather posh waffles Aidan!! Lovely chomp chomp! :D

I wonder whether Dad managed to stay awake for the footie with two of his boys with him? Has B got more sense than to watch football?? Interesting how brother can be so different, but he looks like his London brother then? ah :)

It's piddling down here and later Paul wants to see some trailers for his new van so will be out in it :? :?

Sleek and Tosca. It was those two with the glitter and sparkles they knew Tarn Moor would be emotional for you all ((()))

This morning Sleek had to collect mists on her own!! It was raining and Tosca said 'No thank you!!" bless her. She did however help with the positioning f the new and old cloaks into Sleek's 'ickle house. With a push they went in and then of course the house adapted as it does. They are in a very special place with Pepe's Dr's kit. :(

I went to have my tea/dinner with Kari last night which was lovely imagine being able to do that when she was in Scotland?! We soon put the world to rights and had a good natter and laugh :)

Clears the airways a good laugh :lol:

Mrs Darcey sat on my lap bless her and was so sweet :) I wuvs her!

I hope you get your hair cut today and are allowed to assist the senior stylist in doing his....

Barbara
I have yet to have/face my nose surgery so I am with you on the thought of it, but you suffer so much with those sinuses it was really intolerable wasn't it? :(

Lucy adores her hair and feels much more like her old self now. She is hoping to gain a few more inches by this time next year for the wedding.

I hope you had a good time with Niamh and your boy too :)

Glad you found the butter - it's in another league isn't it? t4591

WEll better get on enough of being lazy her!!

A quick woo---oooo! to Joan I spent most of yesterday with my sister and had such a good laugh :)

love to all

(something might be going on with the baby maybe...??? Carol??)

Toni xxx

Board index » Public forums » Chit-chat forum