Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Living with arthritis forum

Post subject: The 'Triumphs' thread
 Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 11:01 

Inspired by DD's trek over to St Michael's Mount (and back) and conscious of the way this forum is necessarily a bit unbalanced (just like us :wink: ) in favour of difficulties and problems, I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we listed our own personal triumphs.

Obviously they will be different for each one and one person's triumph will be another's everyday activity but the point is to emphasise the daily personal achievements which make us feel good.

Yes, there will be payback but we can just take that for granted. No need to dwell on it :D

My first contribution - the other day we did a 'wheelchair walk' in which I walked far further than usual and, amazingly, without any payback. Nowhere near as impressive as DD's but it impressed me :lol: and made me feel good about myself.

Please contribute your own triumphs as and when you make them happen :D

Post subject: Re: The 'Triumphs' thread
 Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 12:16 

I cleared the car from a weeks travelling, sprayed all the weeds from one end to the other end of the garden and drive, cleared the caravan and cleaned the car. All todays jobs done and its only lunchtime.

I feel moderately pleased with myself. 😆😆😇

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 13:25 

Hi

well i have been busier than when i was fit and healthy

i have removed old paint from decking and repainted, took 3 days to complete.

lifted all old grout from patio and re-grouted it all, bear in minds its 20x20 so fair siz as well as 2 levels of paining the decking.

so im pleased with myself, although suffered the following day.

Dave

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 14:37 

What a great idea for a thread.
These posts are so good to read.

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 14:49 

Well after pulling my hair out for 3 days I finally tracked down how Chinese spammers had hacked my site and stopped them. So that was a major achievement for me.

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 15:46 

:D :D :D

Well done, everyone! Give yourselves a pat on the back. Oh, I forgot. We can't :wink:

But you are all amazingly industrious and determined. And I, for one, find that inspiring.

Carry on carrying on :D And reporting back on it.

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 17:24 

Today I shampooed the carpets in the bedroom and hallway....I may be a little broken now but I feel quite good about it.

:D Deb

Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 08:04 

What a lovely idea for a thread, everyday we achieve but don't necessarily realise that we have done so because achievements for us are nothing to others.

I am continuing to walk unaided for the majority of the day and enjoying the 'rewards' at night. :roll: :lol: It is worth it though, not only are my muscles benefitting, my mind is too. We have another few days to come, St. Ives and The Tate was on the agenda for today but I've cancelled both, doing one at a time next week is the more sensible way to go. DD

Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 09:25 

I've just re-read through all posts so far and I'm smiling :D

It's lovely to read of what everyone is achieving despite the arthritis and we all know it's not just effort but also pain and fatigue.

I'm afraid I've nothing of note to report but please keep contributing as it's encouraging to read of such efforts.

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 19:02 

I had a lovely day Thursday with my new partner K. Just relaxing at his place, but it was great. We cooked a healthy meal between us and just slobbed out for most of the day. :lol:
Then yesterday I weighed at home and have maintained. :lol: :lol:
Today I met a friend for a coffee and a chat, it was great to have a gossip and "people watch" whilst drinking our coffees.

GraceB

P.S. Yes I agree, lovely idea for a topic! Thank you Sticky.

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 09:24 

Yesterday I ascended and descended Chapel Rock (there were steps, I was not being Chris Bonnington) so have renamed it Daisy's Dome. :D DD

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 17:25 

My personal triumph is managing to do a bit of gardening.
When the RA reared its ugly head a few years ago, I wasn’t able to do very much and lost interest in the garden.

I’ve had some really good days recently and have managed some proper weeding of the borders, some planting of new shrubs and perennials - and a good sort through my collection of hosta pots.

This feels like the real me again.
Thank goodness for depomedrone.

Making hay while the sun shines
🙂

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 11:26 

What a wonderfully enterprising lot you all are! Great stuff :D

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 17:28 

Whilst The Spouse snoozed I managed to dead head various plants down the drive involving much standing, stretching, bending and swearing :wink:
I have also watered the borders outside the house and managed to lop off some prickly bolting rose stems which were doing nothing but making things look scruffy. Tomorrow I shall do it all again. Gardening is merely outdoor housework. DD

PS. Our grass is brown and crunchy, it sounds like my knees! DD

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 18:35 

Quote:
Our grass is brown and crunchy, it sounds like my knees! DD
So's mine, walking on it feels and sounds rather like walking on dry snow. The unsightliness is offset somewhat by the large quantity of clover which not only has some green left but is also flowering prolifically, much to the delight of assorted bees.
Today I have managed to decapitate a small ornamental cherry(wrong plant wrong place) prior to someone else eventually getting the rest of it out, and generally tidy up the patio area. I have my little bistro set out ready for use, and the plants in pots have been tidied up and grouped better(on one side at least!). It all looks so much more inviting and lifts the spirits(much needed just at the minute) when I look out of the kitchen window.I'll be able to have a cuppa sitting properly rather than perched on the backdoor step.

Board index » Public forums » Living with arthritis forum