Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Living with arthritis forum

Post subject: Healthcare at Home
 Post Posted: 09 May 2018 07:27 

Got my first delivery of Enbrel next Tuesday ( got to wait in ALL day!) and the Nurse is coming on Thursday. Any tips on what to ask? There will obviously be lots of information in the literature but I’m thinking there might be some things that are not covered there that would be useful to know.

Post subject: Re: Healthcare at Home
 Post Posted: 09 May 2018 07:42 

So, your earlier question about this has been answered, hurrah! :D You may not have to wait all day - with my deliveries HaH give a two hour time slot on the day of delivery, try looking yours up on their website (the instructions are clear). As for questions they could include rotating injection sites, where it's best to store the medication and sharps, and ensure you fully understand the technique before they leave. Offering a cuppa often goes down well! DD

Post Posted: 14 May 2018 21:33 

Well, not a good start for my first delivery. I got a text last Friday to inform me that the injections would be delivered between 10.50 - 14.50, so I took it at face value and arranged to have my hair cut at 4.30. I’ve just had another text ( at 9.30pm) to say delivery is between 16.00-18.00. I’m so annoyed because I cancelled a regular lesson that I have at 1.30 because of the first text. Is this what I can expect each delivery date?

Post Posted: 16 May 2018 11:07 

I've absolutely no idea but one would hope not. It cannot be easy for them to estimate delivery times, I don't know how many others are on the schedule or how lengthy the routes are and surely one has to build in factors such as road delays, staff shortage, vehicle breakdowns etc. I never make any plans on delivery day because I recall when one had to stay in between 8am and 6pm because that was the time slot. :lol: DD

Post Posted: 18 May 2018 12:38 

Ok, had my first injection ( Erelzi, not Enbrel)Itwas a breeze and the Nurse was lovely. She’s coming back to supervise my 2nd one next week. She answered all my questions and suggested that I communicate with the deliverers if there are any further discrepancies with de,iveries. So alls good in my world at present.

Post Posted: 18 May 2018 14:39 

:D :D :D

Board index » Public forums » Living with arthritis forum