Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Benefits and Working Matters forum

Post subject: PiP wrong reason....
 Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 06:39 

Morning folks, another long restless night. Would like to have some opinions on this. Iam considering putting in a claim for PIP, reason is i do 38 hours at work per week. Im thinking of cutting this down, already cut this down from 50 hours per week. At times life is really tough. Lots of pain, stiffness and fatigue. We are a young family with 3 kids aged 8 5 and 5. I know we would struggle financialy. Ive been in pain for almost 10 years only really started asking for medical help for the last 2. I have good days and not so good. The last 3 weeks have been hard and used a couple of weeks holidays. And iam dreading the next 5 months to my next holidays. Is it wrong to think about putting in a claim on these grounds.
Weepth2k10.

Post subject: Re: PiP wrong reason....
 Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 08:24 
Site Admin

Yahoo Messenger: arthritiscare
AOL: arthritiscare
Twitter: arthritiscare
Facebook: arthritiscare
Google+: +arthritiscare
YouTube: arthritiscare
Hi Weepth2k10
We have some information about claiming PIP on our website that you might find useful https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/living ... ayment-pip
Also Citizens advice have a step by step guide on how to claim that you may find useful. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... -to-claim/ Lets us know how you get on
Best Wishes
Sharon

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 11:49 

Quote:
Morning folks, another long restless night. Would like to have some opinions on this. Iam considering putting in a claim for PIP, reason is i do 38 hours at work per week. Im thinking of cutting this down, already cut this down from 50 hours per week. At times life is really tough. Lots of pain, stiffness and fatigue. We are a young family with 3 kids aged 8 5 and 5. I know we would struggle financialy. Ive been in pain for almost 10 years only really started asking for medical help for the last 2. I have good days and not so good. The last 3 weeks have been hard and used a couple of weeks holidays. And iam dreading the next 5 months to my next holidays. Is it wrong to think about putting in a claim on these grounds.
Weepth2k10.
You are claiming because you have difficulty working due to your arthritis so absolutely that is a perfect reason. What you spend your money on is your choice!

Good luck

Toni xx

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 18:00 

Hi

I'm a bit old so not too sure how these things work but would you not qualify for working tax credits if you have to cut down your hours? There are websites where you type in your details and it checks if you would be likely to qualify for anything, what it would be and an idea how much you would get.

As well as that if you are struggling with your condition you should claim PIP, and you could investigate what help work can put in place too. Maybe something to talk over with CAB maybe?

Take care
Xx

Board index » Public forums » Benefits and Working Matters forum