Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Benefits and Working Matters forum

Post subject: Reasonable adjustment
 Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 19:38 

Sorry for the long post but I'm looking for some advice. My right leg was amputated when I was 16 and I've since developed OA and RA treated with a varying degree of success with painkillers, DMARDS and Biologics. I'm 58 and although I work full time, I'm finding it very difficult. My role used to be to travel (up to 120 mile round trips) to different centres and teach maths but I was absolutely exhausted with no quality of life. Then 2 months ago I was based in one centre which was marvellous as I was nowhere near as tired. I had a meeting with my managers 5 days ago and it was agreed that I would be based in one place with occasional travel. Today I was told I would have to travel again. I enjoy my job but I can no longer cope with travel to different places and work, I'd prefer to be based in one place. What rights do I have, advice can you give please? Many thanks.

Post subject: Re: Reasonable adjustment
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 11:46 

Oh dear! I do wish I could help. This must be so diffiicult and so disappointing when you have only recently been told there would be no travelling.

All I do know is what is here about reasonable adjustment https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-h ... -arthritis

I think Citizen's Advice might be a good source of information about how all this would relate to your particular situation. I hope they can help but, as i understand it, maths teachers are a rare and valuable commodity so I hope your bosses will remember that.

Please let us know how you get on.

Board index » Public forums » Benefits and Working Matters forum