Skip the main banner if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Page Banner

Forum

Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.

Primary Navigation

Page Extras

Register    Login     Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public forums » Benefits and Working Matters forum

Post subject: Newbie
 Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 22:02 

Hi all I’m very new to forums & don’t really know where to start - i’m 3 weeks post arthroscopy & still swollen & on crutches when I’m out & about. I was only told before arthroscopy (op done on 15th January) that my knee cap was eroding but just before going down to theatre I was told the erosion was due to arthritis & when I went to physio on Wednesday I was told I had arthritis behind my kneecap. I haven’t seen the surgeon yet (i’m due to see him on 27/2) i was told to put in my claim for Pip now. I’m back at work but struggling so don’t know if I should wait until I’ve seen surgeon or to do it now. I don’t know whether if i’m still struggling from surgery or if it’s the way it’s going to be from now on - what do you think- never claimed anything before now x any advice would be appreciated x

Last edited by Mellie23 on 05 Feb 2018 08:14, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Newbie
 Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 07:06 
Site Admin

Hello
Welcome to the forums. I am sure you find them useful, find support, advice. light relief and encouragement from the members here.

There are several people on here that have arthritis of the knees.
who will probably offer you support and advice on your knee problem. As well as your PIP query.

It might be a help to you if you look at this :
https://arthritiscare.org.uk/living-wit ... ayment-pip

If you would like to chat to someone about your queries Arthritis Care has a freephone helpline which is open Monday to Friday from 9 to 4. It is 0808 800 4050.

I am one of the moderation team and we all have one or more of the arthritis 'hangers-on' or look after family with the same.

I look forward to seeing you again on the forums.

Best wishes
ChrisK

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 11:57 

Hi Mellie and welcome from me too.

I don't know much about arthroscopies but I do know far too much about arthritis. I've had both knees replaced.

I think, in your situation, I'd be making a list of questions to ask the consultant when you see him. Preferably take someone with you so that there will be another pair of ears to listen to the answers.

Bear in mind that the knee and the kneecap are not the same thing. The kneecap (or patella) sits over the knee joint to protect it. I believe it's possible to get arthritis in the kneecap but far more usual in the joint itself.

This is my first - and only - forum and it does seem quite bewildering when we first join. I would suggest you copy your thread to the Living With Arthritis forum as more people look on there. This is the 'News' forum and not much frequented.

Please stick with us and ask away if you have questions :D

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 13:38 

Whoops :oops: Did you spot the not-so-deliberate mistake? This isn't the 'News' forum. You are in exactly the right place for a PIP or 'Work' enquiry. Even so, I think you might get more replies on Living With Arthritis.

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 18:26 

Hi all thanks for the advice x i’ll copy my post over to the other forum (once I work out how to do it lol)

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 19:47 
Site Admin

Yahoo Messenger: arthritiscare
AOL: arthritiscare
Twitter: arthritiscare
Facebook: arthritiscare
Google+: +arthritiscare
YouTube: arthritiscare
Mellie23
don't worry your post is in the right forum, we got you covered :wink: A good place to get information about applying for pip is Citizens advice here is a link to their website for you https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... -to-claim/
They give a very detailed step by step guide on how to claim, and it might also be worth going to your local centre for some extra support. I know some people have been fortunate enough to have a volunteer attend the assessment process with them. Let us know how you get on
Best Wishes
Sharon

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 14:22 

Quote:
Hi all thanks for the advice x i’ll copy my post over to the other forum (once I work out how to do it lol)
Hi im new just getting used to the forums

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Board index » Public forums » Benefits and Working Matters forum